Thursday, July 8, 2010

Obsessed: Bags

Okay. What is with us girls and our fashion obsessions? Mine, sadly, are not few and far between; but luckily I'm not a one-track girl -- for example, I don't have a shoe obsession or a bag obsession, but rather I fall in love with certain items or pieces. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't (or can't rather).

As I mentioned previously, I had a pretty bad hankering for a pair of t-strap heels a while ago, and then I snagged a great pair on ebay (you can kind of see them in this outfit post). But for a while know, I've been obsessed with getting a new bag. I had a good Dooney & Bourke one that tied me over for a while, and now I'm using a thrifted Gap satchel that's sea foam green, but I know sea foam green is not going to be an everyday bag for very long.

But, here's the thing with me and my bag obsessions: I can't buy nice/expensive purses 'cause I'm a bag killer. Yup, I will openly admit that I use bags until they are dead. They probably last a good 6 months to a year, but I beat them up good. So no Chanel jumbo flaps, Gucci doctor bags, or --GASP -- Marc Jacobs Petal to the Metal (my NEWest obsession -- especially the BENNY bag) for me; I can only get thrift bags. Le sigh.

Here are some of the best of seen around lately:

Splurges:

Clockwise from top right:

1. Petal to the Metal by Marc Jacobs (I want a Benny, but they're hard to come by)
2. Accessory Collection Gucci Tote (this is the one that got away. Had it & sold it!)
3. Chanel Jumbo Flap the most coveted bag around


From etsy:




Clockwise from top left:

1. Alligator bag from Primitive Pin Cushion
2. Striped Satchel from Attic Goods
3. 60s Jane Birkin Wicker bag from Attic Goods again (lots of great bags here)
4. Owl bag! from Anjvan


Oh, and don't forget this FREE bag that I am GIVING AWAY. Enter here!

3 comments:

  1. I love the cute etsy bags you showed us here, that owl bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bags! I would definitely be a proud owner of that alligator bag and the petal to the metal one by Marc Jacobs! so gorgeous!

    http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that first marc jacobs is SO amazing!!! I haven't really seen many designer purses I love but those gold accents are so precious.

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete