Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Testing..testing...an outfit post...

I thought I looked really cute today. It's was our school's "moving up" ceremony where the kids and teachers get all dressed up and the teachers make speeches and give awards. Anyway, I wear a dress just about everyday and the only special thing about this dress is that it was "new;" and by new I mean, the kids had never seen me wear it as it is used ($4 from Salvo).

When we got home from work, I quickly interrupted my husband while he was killing ants in the backyard and asked him to take pics of me. Light is bad and his patience (err...I mean skills) may need to be taken into consideration.

I love the dress as it looks 40s but is from the 70s. The scalloped petal collar and sleeves are so cute. Plus the simple pearl buttons. The only downside is that it's polyester and a couple of the polka dots are wearing off -- hence the faint blurry spots.

The t-straps are my favorite shoes that I searched for high and low. They are the inspiration for this blogpost. I wear them at least 3 days a week.

The bracelet is one I "re-found" today in my jewelry box. I don't think I've worn it in year, but it looks so sweet. Hooray for the re-found.

Now this is where I will briefly mention that I have gained weight and am in the process of losing it. I don't plan to catalog much about this in the blog, but let's just say I hope to do more outfit posts but not until I feel better about the way I look.

Lastly, the purse is a prop. It's a new listing in the shop!





Bold
Dress: 70s does 40s thrifted

Bracelet: Markings say it's from Norway. Can't even recall where it's from I've had it so long (yard sale? )

Shoes: Crown Vintage (I've heard rumors that this label is really Jeffrey Campbell but under a different name) via ebay

Bag: In my shop! PrettyDamnCute

7 comments:

  1. Pretty damn cute indeed! I love your outfit! That bracelet is really, really nice btw. Norwegian enamel stuff from the 30s-40s is super collectible - probably worth a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JeanJean thanks for letting me know! I've always thought the bracelet was cute & special but valuable never crossed my mind! good to know. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! I never had fashionable teachers, you're the most fashionable one I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the collar detailing on your dress and that purse is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! Love the outfit.

    xo
    Stina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Ahh those Steve Madden Mary Janes of mine are truly incredible. The leather has really broken in and they're so comfortable it's a miracle.

    I got them last summer...couldn't believe my luck with the price! I even second guessed getting them, but simply had to return. I really hope you find them!

    and I love your blog! Awesome background and that purse of yours is lovely. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bag. I'm eyeing it right now at your esty, hmmm, I have no real need for such a one now but when was 'need' ever important? :D

    ReplyDelete